Making increase & queen rearing
Making increase &
Making increase and rearing your own queens are cost-effective ways to ensure the continuity of your hives, grow your stock and improve the quality and temperament of your bees. This practical, 1-day workshop covers a range of topics and techniques to suit the “ordinary” beekeeper. It includes a large practical element in our on-site apiary using techniques which are easy to understand and apply.
This course is aimed at beekeepers who:
– Currently manage one or more colonies
– Can handle bees reasonably well
– Understand the “basics” of beekeeping
– Are able to recognise eggs and young larvae
– Are able to identify and manage queens
– Clean protective clothing (if using your own rather than ours)
– Lightweight gloves (we can provide these if needed)
– Outdoor footwear (wellies or walking boots are ideal)
– Magnifying aids, if required, to see eggs and young larvae
– A notepad/laptop is strongly recommended
– A camera can be useful during the practical sessions
Tell us what you think and what you’d like to see added!